Age old digital camera question: SRGB or Adobe RGB

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,683
Like?
Re: Age old digital camera question: SRGB or Adobe RGB
In reply to Greg lamont, 2 months ago

Greg lamont wrote:

I purchased the D610 and previously had the D7000 and I cannot remember which setting I had the 7000 set up with for the Color Space menu item:
SRGB or Adobe RGB.
I use Mac Aperture and Photo Elements 12.
I rarely print prints anymore, but I do have a color print Photo copier ( HP All in One).

Preferences anyone?
Greg

If shooting JPGE for the web, or computer viewing only and no adjustments are to be made, use sRGB.

If shooting RAW, the camera setting only matters if you are using Nikon software. Set the color space in the software. I tend to believe the pundits who say use ProPhoto then convert to the appropriate color space during output. It would be sRGB for the web and some printing services. AdobeRGB for some printers.

There is a fair amount of controversy over this issue. Some are adamant that you should edit in the color space of the output. Others just as firm that you should edit in a larger space and convert for output.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
When you look through the viewfinder do you see an object or do you see a picture?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow