ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peaceful Mind
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
LA-EA4 AF tracking Speed
1 month ago

Hi, all. I am a new A mount user.

I was using Nikon D800E and a couple of lenses including 70-200/2.8 VR II as my main system, along with the A7R with a couple of FE lenses to be my 2nd system for light weight work.

For some reason, I decided to sell my Nikon system and bought into the A mount system with the A7R and LA-EA4. I tried to use them with ZA 135/1.8 and 70-400 SSM II, and I am disappointed with the AF tracking speed. I tried many combination of the AF settings, for example with the AF Lock on with shutter, AF-C, and center focus point. And with continuous focus drive, but not the fastest one (since it apparently stop AF tracking after first frame), etc. But the AF tracking basically doesn't work. I couldn't track my cat's slow walk towards me (as a test subject).

While it is too late to go back, I wonder if the A900 or A99 would do it much better. I hoped to stay full frame so meanwhile I won't consider A77II or A6000, etc.

By the way, I also have the A7 but haven't tried to put them on. I guess the speed would be similar since the OSPDAF is not activated anyway for lenses on LA-EA4.

Peaceful Mind's gear list:Peaceful Mind's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +23 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow