Why are pics clicked with the noctilux f0.95 + Leica so awesome?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aruk5
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Why are pics clicked with the noctilux f0.95 + Leica so awesome?
1 month ago

Recently I got to look at some pics clicked with noctilux f0.95 and I was like wow! They were just plain awesome especially with that superb shallow depth of field and 3d like separation of foreground subject and background, great contrast, superb colors, clinical sharpness. Now I was wondering is it simply because of this lens or does the full frame leica sensor also have a part to play with it in form of processing the image?  I also admit no matter how hard I try I am not able to recreate the 'leica' affect with my camera combo. I have lenses like the pentax k 1.2, canon fd 1.2, nex and fuji x bodies and though I am able to create pics with great bokeh (as compared to the swirly bokeh exhibited by the noctilux) my pics dont have that extra punch which the noctilux + leica camera bodies are able to do. So what do you feel is chiefly responsible - the lens or the body or both?

(by the way apologies if this topic seems a bit too low brow for some of you Leica enthusiasts out there)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow