Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeBruce
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Alpha 6000 banding. More information
1 month ago

I have an old Nikon F1.4 55mm lens from a film nikon.  What is interesting about this lens is it is very easy to cause banding on the A6000 when shooting with fast apertures.  What I have figured out is that this is primarily caused by the rear element of the Nikon lens reflecting light with the sensor itself.  The 55mm lens has no rear coating because of course, it is a film lens and film is not reflective like mirror-less sensors.

It appears that the large aperture is causing more reflection than any of the other lens I have, thereby illuminating the physical sensor.  The banding is basically the sensor itself being bombarded with light from all angles and you see lines which are some part of the sensor lit up.

It follows that a fix could be an adapter which has a *well* multi-coated element between the sensor and the rear element of the lens.  I have no idea if anyone has attempted this or if it exists at all.

Food for thought!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow