Same focal length on every shot in EXIF with a zoom?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
misplaced photon
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Same focal length on every shot in EXIF with a zoom?
4 months ago

Hey everyone,

So I have the first version of the 70-200 2.8 VR, bought it used, and while not that heavily used, the lens still has some body wear, which doesn't bother me at all. However, every shot I take with it, no matter what the FL is, the EXIF displays the same focal length every time - 140 mm. It's not the camera, it's been on three cameras so far and it's still the same. The only time it changes the data is with the TC (which shows 280 mm) and in crop mode which shows 210/420 mm. I clean my gear pretty much after every time I take it out, so I've cleaned the contacts numerous times, so I doubt they're the culprit.

Other than that, the lens is perfectly fine except it sometimes gets stuck at nearest focusing distance and need to be pointed up to continue focusing - but this does not happen as nearly as often for it to present a serious problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

misplaced photon's gear list:misplaced photon's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow