My Rokinon antidote for Oly 75mmF1.8 lens lust

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,770Gear list
Like?
Re: pair that with a GM1
In reply to James Pilcher, 1 month ago

James Pilcher wrote:

Just imagine all of that hanging off the front of a Lumix GM1. Now, that would be quite the Rube Goldberg contraption, and probably quite unmanageable.

While size does matter, the GM1 can be surprisingly comfortable to use in its John Holmes configuration ...

RoelHendrickx wrote:

James Pilcher wrote:

Good grief, Roel! A Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 + adapter + EC-14 + EX-25??? That's quite a stack for a ยต4/3 camera. How far did it stick out in front of the camera? 40cm???

Jim this is what it looks like (excuse the poor iphone quality):

Mind you, the shots shown before are only with Rokinon+adapter or Rokinon+EC-14+adapter. none with the EX-25 also.

Quite possible to handle.

I could (would) not afford the 75mm f/1.8 for quite a long time. Then I managed to get a used one in truly mint condition for a very good price. As you noted, the 75mm f/1.8 is just a stellar performer; it has no flaws. In some ways, I'd call its performance "magical." It's well worth the wait if the photographer needs to save up the cash.

Oh, the 75mm was indeed a great performer in those few moments I had it on my camera.

And there probably is one with my name on it, someday.

But not right now.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

-- hide signature --

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow