Help, Pictures look "off" all of a sudden.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dranobob
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Help, Pictures look "off" all of a sudden.
1 month ago

I upgraded to a Canon 6D last October, and initially I thought the photos were super sharp. Now they appear that something is off. I've used a lower end dslr for many years, recently I've decided to start learning how go beyond Auto. So I figured the first time was just operator error. Now this last event I did, I switched between a mixture of Auto, P, and Manual. All of them in my opinion have this almost distorted or off look. I've tried MFA using the Dot method, but I didn't notice any difference between before and after shots. They still look soft or distorted. This happens from a range of shutter/aperature/iso/focal lengths. The kicker is every blue moon though a photo will still come out correct.
Any advice/help? Is there something I'm missing or should I consider contacting Canon?

This is straight from the camera jpg (the cr2 is just a little darker, but if adjusted the distortion looks to be the same). 40mm, f/6.3, 1/80, 100
Edit: The Lens is the 24-105mm, no filters, lens hood on.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow