168 full moon exposures on full battery seem reasonable for DP2-Q?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,378Gear list
Like?
168 full moon exposures on full battery seem reasonable for DP2-Q?
4 months ago

I set the DP2-Q to interval of 70 seconds, and made 30 second manual exposures at f2.8 ISO 100 of the partly cloudy sky last night, with moon coming in and out of view. Temp in Colorado at about 6500' elevation was about mid 60's F. Mid-weight tripod. Wind speed ~ 8 mph, so clouds indistinct. Moon grossly overexposed, as expected. Overexposure correction OFF. Sound at MIN, but not OFF.

Does 168 exposures before battery exhausted seem about "as expected"? Note: the SD card wasn't filled.

Based on my limited experience with the 5 day trial, I was pleasantly surprised, but "what do I know"?

Was the above at or near abuse of the sensor and/or cpu and/or circuit board? (perhaps if higher ambient temp?). Based on watching the first 5 or so captures, it took about 30 seconds of exposure and then 30+ seconds of processing to get ready for the next capture.

Was it doing NR reduction behind my back? If so, is there a setting for that so I can turn it OFF.

For a star-trails-like time lapse, my understanding is that ECO MODE ON and LCD Brightness at MIN, and LCD OFF at short direction would be advised. Or not?

OT? What is the best way to quickly view those RAW images? I shot RAW, but perhaps RAW + JPEG would have been better? I can't tell much from the Q's LCD.

I've got SPP, RawDigger trial, and FastViewRaw on a "sandbox partition", so I have to reboot to use those.

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow