Why has the price of the XE1 dropped so sharply?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aruk5
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Why has the price of the XE1 dropped so sharply?
4 months ago

Hi All!

Last year I purchased a used X-E1 (body only) for around 350 pounds through ebay. A New one was selling for around 500-700 pounds range (depending from where you bought it) till Mid July I think. Anyway recently I checked on ebay and was surprised to see a used one selling in the range of 200-230 pounds but bigger surprise was a new one is selling in retail outlets like Currys for 289 pounds! Thats almost like 30-40% drop in a year! Compared to this cameras like the EM5 are still selling in the 400-600 range (used/new). I was under impression that the Fuji x systems had  some decent resale value keeping in mind they had a revolutionery sensor with great image quality. Can it be assumed this camera wasnt a big success due to which its value getting knocked off over time or because market today is saturated with way too many cameras and new ones been launched by the month thereby killing off value of existing models?

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow