Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jglaser757
Contributing MemberPosts: 682
Like?
Follow- up to saying goodbye to 5d mk III and switch to Nikon
1 month ago

It's been about three weeks since I made the switch to Nikon. And I have made some interesting observations, good and bad about my switch.

First off , I do miss the ergonomics of the 5d and the way it is layed out. I prefer the way the canon defaults are set up to the Nikon ( wheel direction and the way everything reads out in the displays and viewfinder . So much so. That I switched everything around to work the same exact way. I prefer the feel of the canon in my hand also. The 810 is huge in my hands and the grip is perfect for those with large hands. And I miss the 2-second delay on the canon. The AF is equal in both, but I think the build quality is better in the canon. From reports I have read, the canon is more forgiving if you drop it.  Which I did before. Dropping the Nikon causes irreparable damage to it.

But,,, those differences were very minor for me. I switched from the 5d mk III to the 810 because of the resolution and 36 mp. I love the file size and can see the difference when going to 1:1 or 1:2 in LR.  I also loved shooting at native ISO 64. It was very helpful for longer exposures. And, the glass on the 14-24 is sharper in the corners than the 16-35.

Jon

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
setNew
difsNew
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow