One small step towards my passion (questions regarding lens)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
L0neW0lf
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
One small step towards my passion (questions regarding lens)
2 months ago

Hello all,

I am currently deployed to the good ol' Afghanistan and I have decided that when I come back to the states at the end of this year I will pick up photography. I always had this lust towards photography/creative videos. I am used t3i rebel that my brother has and have used it quite extensively. I won't bore you with too much information and get straight to the point.

What kind of photography will I do?

-I will constantly be making videos on different parts of the world (I travel a lot) and editing them in adobe premiere 6, photoshop and aftereffects.

-Taking potraits (basically shooting models/people...per se candid shots)

-I will sooner or later jump into wedding photography as time allows or when I retire from the Air Force.

Here is the gear that I have narrowed down:

Canon 70d 18-135 is STM lens or Canon 70d body only with Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG HSM (art)

Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM lens

Canon 50mm f1.4 USM

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM

Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM (art)

Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ultra wide lens (might not get this because it will be like 22m on the crop frame so I think sigma 10-20mm will be a better choice)

Flash mount(2), softbox(1), Umbrella(1), Stands(2), Yongnuo 560III (2), generic white/black backdrop

In the next 1-2 year I will be buying 70-200mm f2.8l IS II to hone my skills at taking low light shots in sceneric places/churces so that when I jump into wedding photography, I will already have a great lens to back me up. At the same time, I will probably invest in a 5d mark III or IV if it comes out by then so I have to make very sound decisions at this point. I don't want to get lenses and use them as paperweight in the office later!

Budget $5000. I appreciate all help! Thank you.

Olympus TG-830 iHS Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow