Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guyon
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Surface Pro 3 (what works)
2 months ago

On location and your desktop is at home, or want to travel extra light?  I just got a Surface Pro 3 i7 and wanted to start a list of programs get help with what works and what doesn't.

So far I have heard that Photoshop's old gui is hard to read on the Surface Pro 3, though some have a temporary fix while Adobe actively works on a fix.  At this time I have not installed it.

Corel Paintshop Pro X6 64bit, works very well.  Pinch zoom, and drag pan are snappy as well as most of the photo tools.  The MS Surface Pro runs PSP X6 just as fast as on my Desktop.  I had tested a 11x17 300 dpi photo and was not bogged down at all. The fan did not even kick in while I made the test.   Although all is not rosy.  The menu and icons are tiny, and while usable took an extra second.  So learn to use hot keys. While you can use a pen for most every editing situation a mouse is faster.  For example cloning blemishes took two to three times as long with the pen than using a mouse.  The pen is not totally worthless though, as any drawing tasks like touching up eyeliner was accurate.  Note I had to get the new Wacom pen update from the N-trig site to get pen pressure, as it is not native to Paintshjop Pro X6.  Final word, high level editing is very possibe on the Surface Pro 3 i7.

Microsoft Surface Pro 3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow