Bonker
Regular MemberPosts: 471Gear list
Like?
Re: Whitewater rafting and kayaking
In reply to Brian, 4 months ago

Brian wrote:

Brian wrote:

Bonker wrote:

I just spent a week away from the beast that is the DPR Off Topic forum. I think I can say it was good for my well being.

If anyone is in Colorado and wants to spend a day in a raft with me and my wife, we have room for two hard-paddling adults. I'll supply the raft, paddles, cheap helmets, cheap PFDs, and shuttle. You need to get some good beer and your own water shoes(or sandals with heel straps and thick wool socks would do). If you are not experienced, I have some mellow runs but will require a meal for the trouble with less reward.

I like to spread the love...

what river are you doing?

-- hide signature --

Brian

I think we'd be lapping the Animas through Durango. I like to talk big but this is my first raft. I do have plenty of experience on commercial trips and lots of time on this section of river with friends in their rafts and in solo duckys.

Southern Colorado is absolutely beautiful. My brothers and I did some canoeing around platoro, CO. So nice to be able to get away from civilization for a few.

-- hide signature --

Brian

We just spent seven days playing in the water in and around Glenwood Springs, Telluride, Durango, and Pagosa Springs. It's our annual August reboot.

I'm checking Clear Creek and Poudre River flows right now as a viable choice. I've only done commercial on those so have not had a chance to solo ducky or scout. I would have to get a couple days on them before I'd be comfortable taking new friends...

Edit: upper Bighorn canyon near Salida would be a good choice also...

Bonker's gear list:Bonker's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Apple iPhone 5s
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow