D810 showing yellow coloration in sRAW files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Re: D810 showing yellow coloration in sRAW files
In reply to Sagittarius, 1 month ago

Hi,

I do not know why is it happening just with sRAW files. When you are shooting at fluorescent light at shutter speed faster than 1/60 sec, weird things happen. Fluorescent light fluctuating with frequency of AC and with faster SS it is a lottery at what stage of fluctuation picture will be taken

-- hide signature --

Best regards

I can shoot directly at the light, or anything in this room with the same result in sRAW. I shoot at the light directly 100 times with RAW, and every file looks perfectly correct. There's no lottery; if there is, it's rigged.

I believe Shutter speed was 1/100s while experimenting with sRAW, and RAW. I was using the Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art lens.

Also, in the past, whenever I've had issues with florescent bulbs, I simply select one of the white balance presets or dial in a kelvin temperature. In this case, it doesn't work.

Update: I just shot the same scene by lowering the shutter speed to 1/60s, and the coloration disappears as well - even at high ISOs. Again, RAW does not have these limitations.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow