Imaging-Resource RX100 Mark III Image Quality Analysis - A step back from Mark II

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Activatedfx
Contributing MemberPosts: 797
Like?
Re: Imaging-Resource RX100 Mark III Image Quality Analysis - A step back from Mark II
In reply to Interceptor121, 1 month ago

Interceptor121 wrote:

bpjod wrote:

Interceptor121 wrote:
Generally you shoot raw plus JPEG and process the raw of a very small selection of shot when they need it

Don't generalize. Maybe that's what you do. It's certainly not what I do.

With Lightroom, RAWs are absolutely no more work than JPEGs but offer far more flexibility when needed in post-processing so I shoot everything in RAW as do many other photographers. Personally I couldn't give a hoot over how good/poor a camera's JPEGs are. In fact, I'd prefer it if they didn't offer JPEGs as that would clear an awful lot of useless options out of the menus!

+1!!!

RX100 RAWs have an astounding amount of information in them, which is obliterated by the in-camera JPEG processing

Raw is just data not an image
You can't print a raw file share on the Internet send by email to someone who can't process it
If I bought a camera completely incompetent in producing any images i would be raging

I have the feeling you would be raging no matter WHAT.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow