14-35 or 12-40 or primes?

Started Aug 9, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 1
14-35 or 12-40 or primes?
Aug 9, 2014

Which one would you put on the front of your EM-1 if size/weight and costs were NOT factors? I have seen similar posts on here re. this subject but none fully answer it. I want to know because this is the situation I find myself in. Primes in question are the 12f2 or15f1.7 + 25f1.4 + 45f1.8 vs SHG 14-35f2 vs 12-40f2.8 PRO.

It may seem like a straight forward answer (favouring the 14-35) but i'm not so sure. Each three have pros and cons; for example having to change lens' for primes and potentially missing shots, faster auto focus and range of the 12-40 and better colours and speed of the 14-35.

Can the 12-40 match the 14-35 colours/micro-contrast with post processing?

Are the mentioned primes as good individually as the 14-35?

Do you think that a future Olympus body will be able to use a full AF spread for the older 4/3 lens instead of the current limited 37 point AF?

I'm a backround wedding photographer ie. not associated with the main photogs. I do use longer lenses too so please try and keep the responses relevant to this question. Thanks for your help guys.

This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow