Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VITAMING
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
14-35 or 12-40 or primes?
1 month ago

Which one would you put on the front of your EM-1 if size/weight and costs were NOT factors? I have seen similar posts on here re. this subject but none fully answer it. I want to know because this is the situation I find myself in. Primes in question are the 12f2 or15f1.7 + 25f1.4 + 45f1.8 vs SHG 14-35f2 vs 12-40f2.8 PRO.

It may seem like a straight forward answer (favouring the 14-35) but i'm not so sure. Each three have pros and cons; for example having to change lens' for primes and potentially missing shots, faster auto focus and range of the 12-40 and better colours and speed of the 14-35.

Can the 12-40 match the 14-35 colours/micro-contrast with post processing?

Are the mentioned primes as good individually as the 14-35?

Do you think that a future Olympus body will be able to use a full AF spread for the older 4/3 lens instead of the current limited 37 point AF?

I'm a backround wedding photographer ie. not associated with the main photogs. I do use longer lenses too so please try and keep the responses relevant to this question. Thanks for your help guys.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow