How many use the Hi Light Correction on the K3?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoHawk
Contributing MemberPosts: 672
Like?
How many use the Hi Light Correction on the K3?
3 months ago

Hi Everyone;

I've shot a fair number of pictures with my K3.  This is quite by far the most satisfying camera I have ever used.  That is saying a bit as I've a number in my camera cabinet and many photographs over the years.

Anyway after using the K5 for awhile I thought I'd not use the Hi Light correction feature on the K3 and instead shoot with -0.7 EV and increase the brightness in post. I always shoot raw or raw+.  I thought that this might provide a bit better control than activating the Hi Light Correction and let the camera do its 1 EV down and pull up the brightness thing.

So after playing with the many pictures after a recent European outing I noticed that the K3 normally underexposes (no kidding Sherlock :)) by quite a bit.  Some of the pictures would need upwards of 1.6 EV Exposure increase or more in CS to even get close to blowing the highlights.  (I know for all the pedantic beasts out there that CS doesn't increase exposure - but its (mis) lableled as such and that is the way I'll refer to it).

So my questions are this for those of you that have K3's, "Do you use the Hi Light Correction feature, do you dial in your own -EV instead (and pull up in PP) or do you leave EV at "0'." without Hi Light Correction?  Or do you shoot with +EV normally?

Just wondering.  Heck of a camera in any case.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow