New (to me) 1D Mark III: Tips, Tricks and Advice?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Markey II
Contributing MemberPosts: 594Gear list
Like?
New (to me) 1D Mark III: Tips, Tricks and Advice?
2 months ago

I just took order of my new-to-me 1D Mark III, after 14 years of using the 1D and ID Mark IIn.

I was thrilled to see this body. It appears almost as new and supposedly has only 14,000 clicks. I can't wait to put it into use at a game. Football season can't come quickly enough.

I would appreciate any tips and tricks from current and former Mark III users as far as its ability to shoot high-ISO (compared to the Mark IIn and 1D), AF ability and tracking, noise, battery life and more.

I hope to get some IS 3200 use out of this body. Am I realistic in that hope? I hated 3200 on the MKIIn and 1600 was barely usable.

Finally, should I bother trying to use an SD card on this body? On the MKIIn, the transfer speed of the camera made even use of fast cards pretty useless.

Thanks, all.

-- hide signature --

Bob Markey II
www.MarkeySportsPhoto.com
www.WellingtonHomes.com
Royal Palm Beach/Wellington, Fla.

Bob Markey II's gear list:Bob Markey II's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow