Anybody have Panasonic GM1 + 14mm F2.5 Combo?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Albert
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
Anybody have Panasonic GM1 + 14mm F2.5 Combo?
4 months ago

I have a D600 and 4 prime lenses.  My wife thinks they are too heavy (which they are).  So I bought her a E-PL3, which she liked, the kit lens was crappy so I bought a 20mm F1.7 which was quite small.  When the E-M5 came out, I bought that; we went to Hawaii and I wanted to bring the minimum so I bought the E-M5 with the 20mm F1.7 and I also purchased a 14mm F2.5.  Hawaii was gorgeous!

But now with two young kids; any "big" event I will take my Nikon gear; but for just smaller outings; that I would like " better than phone photos" I have been taking the EM5.  But my wife still thinks it too big; it takes up most of the room in her purse so she doesn't take it often when she's out with the kids by themselves.

So..  Reading up, I saw the Panasonic GM1.  I was wondering if anybody has used the GM1 + 14mm F2.5 combo?  If so, how "small" is it in real life; and is it as simple to carry around as Panasonic claims?

What if you had to name the biggest gripe; what would it be?  I have to agree; best camera and lens left at home, isn't very useful.

So this is looking like the combo my wife is willing to carry; and if that's the case; will probably own one this coming week; but would love to hear from the forum if anybody has this combo experience, and +2 if it's from a tiny woman as far as handling and ease of use!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow