Where to go from the Canon 5D Mark III? (A bit long...)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 891Gear list
Like?
Re: Where to go from the Canon 5D Mark III? (A bit long...)
In reply to digital ed, 4 months ago

digital ed wrote:

gskolenda wrote:

Now hear is what I rally want to add to my tools!

1-3-axis motorized gimbal Stabilizer, super high production value.

Interesting you mention this. Yesterday I was in contact with a relative who owns a company in the L.A. area that rents production tools to film and video production companies. I had asked him for any recommendations for reasonably priced gyro stabilizers. He gave me two recommendations to consider. The ones he rents are far more expensive than these.

1. Kenyon Gyro Kenyon
  2. FreeFly MoVI MoVI video

Both require me to fully justify and find budget for.

My recommendation is to stay away from the gymbal stabilizers for professional work. Much less costly but much harder to keep balanced when setting up or changing lenses.

-- hide signature --

"There is a little of not done yet in all of us."
John Madden, football coach

The Freefly Movi is way over priced, the DJ Ronin is a nice option, I'm saving up, instead of trying to rent, because, No rentals around me, and once you use one of these 3 axis gimbals, you will want to use it a lot, justifying the cost of ownership for me. Great production value! There is a lot of competition in this gimbal market and more coming, only good for us videographers!

http://dslrvideoshooter.com/new-dji-ronin-3-axis-gimbal-stabilizer/

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow