Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Noogy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,477Gear list
Like?
Printing Photos and Noise
4 months ago

Most of you probably already know that on print, pixel-peeping does not make sense.  My recent experience made me go - my God, all that clamor for squeaky-clean images is just way overboard.

I have been printing some of my favorite photos lately in great numbers.  My wife and I are planning to use them for our new house - we've brought easily 30-50 picture frames in fact.  I have printed a handful on black and white and the rest on full color.  Sizes ranged from 4x6 to diploma size.  I must say this - even shots I have taken years ago using my 400D emerged really clean and crisp on print.  Images from my 7D and 6D in terms of noise level - I frankly cannot distinguish with my naked eye at 8x11 sizes.  Does this make me less happy to go FF with the 6D when my 7D was still enabling me to take good photos?  No.  But it will take me a really long time from now on to upgrade.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +9 more
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow