Putting my self in a tricky situation for a shot.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SinanLayk
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Like?
Putting my self in a tricky situation for a shot.
1 month ago

I got a Fuji X-e1 with the Xf 18-55mm for my 18th birthday ( I will cherish it and never sell it , my parents were planning on getting me a watch.)

But the thing is I find lenses that zoom boring and I want a prime lens because I find them more fun and challenging to get a shot because I actually have to MOVE MY FEET! With the zoom I just try to zoom and take small steps to get a shot etc.

I am going to get a prime but I don't want to spend a lot because I live in Turkey so the dolar is doubled here 1 Dollar = 2 Liras. I was planning on getting the Fuji Xf-27mm because it is decently cheap 350 Dollars or so (700 Liras) I really like it. But I also have the Xf 35mm in mind! That is roughly 600 Dollars (1200 Liras).

Now I'm no lens expert so I would just like to get a opinion from the other X users and my peers

'' If you were in my situation which would you get? The Xf 27mm f2.8 or Xf 35mm f1.4 ?''

Note * I currently have around 200 Dollars and will be saving up for the camera without my parents help. Thank you in advance!  --

Sinan Layik
Beginner in photography, doing it as a hobby.

SinanLayk's gear list:SinanLayk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow