Putting my self in a tricky situation for a shot.

Started Aug 9, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SinanLayk
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Putting my self in a tricky situation for a shot.
Aug 9, 2014

I got a Fuji X-e1 with the Xf 18-55mm for my 18th birthday ( I will cherish it and never sell it , my parents were planning on getting me a watch.)

But the thing is I find lenses that zoom boring and I want a prime lens because I find them more fun and challenging to get a shot because I actually have to MOVE MY FEET! With the zoom I just try to zoom and take small steps to get a shot etc.

I am going to get a prime but I don't want to spend a lot because I live in Turkey so the dolar is doubled here 1 Dollar = 2 Liras. I was planning on getting the Fuji Xf-27mm because it is decently cheap 350 Dollars or so (700 Liras) I really like it. But I also have the Xf 35mm in mind! That is roughly 600 Dollars (1200 Liras).

Now I'm no lens expert so I would just like to get a opinion from the other X users and my peers

'' If you were in my situation which would you get? The Xf 27mm f2.8 or Xf 35mm f1.4 ?''

Sinan Layik
Beginner in photography, doing it as a hobby.

SinanLayk's gear list:SinanLayk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow