Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Walter de la Internet
Contributing MemberPosts: 782Gear list
Like?
Err 01 on 1Ds Mark III + 16-35 USM II
1 month ago

I began to receive Err 01 and cannot take images with my 16-35 USM II, also auto-focus doesn't function prior to attempting to fire the shutter.

Lens is a second hand 16-35 USM II that I have used for 2+ years with no issues.

When I plug in my Sigma 150-500mm, the camera functions normally and the error goes away.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the 16-35 USM II lens a number of times, but this does not resolve the problem.

The connectors on the lens do not appear faulty.

The lens was recently exposed to a very minor amount of moisture, but is supposed to be professional / weather sealed so I do not expect this to be the cause.

Right now I am in a city with 4 days of holidays (just started today) and no open Canon Service Center. Nothing is under warranty.

Any tips on how to get this lens functioning again? An excuse to buy a new toy is always welcome

Walter de la Internet's gear list:Walter de la Internet's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Canon Pixma Pro-1 +1 more
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow