How do you store/manage/view your Digital Photos?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
LuFra72
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you store/manage/view your Digital Photos?
In reply to Jim Cassatt, 4 months ago

Jim Cassatt wrote:

Just curious, why do you keep the LR edited jpegs when they can always be reproduced?

since LR saves all the operations no need to save the jpegs. If I have edit in Photoshop, then I save those files as tiffs.

Now that you've mentioned this, I just realized that I'm not keeping my LR settings since after editing the RAW files and exporting to .JPG, I remove the folders from LR, and then move the RAW files to a "backup" RAW images folder elsewhere on the drive.

I've never gone back to a RAW image to re-touch it, but maybe I should think about this further (it would be nice to have that ability).

The reason why I burn/keep .JPGs is mostly because they're easier to view over my home network (the RAW files usually take a couple of seconds to load, whereas the .jpg's load very quickly). I also often shoot multiple takes of the same shot, and process the best take in LR (essentially, the processed .jpg's are the "final takes" for each folder).

LuFra72's gear list:LuFra72's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow