Senior MemberPosts: 1,414
Like?
Re: Best Portrait Combo?
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 4 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Russian Consortium wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Russian Consortium wrote:

Full frame adds what you think it will add. If you want it to be better, it will be better. We often see what we want to see to justify what we want to justify.

There isn't a whole lot of advantage to the 35mm format over an APS-C camera unless you are pushing the edges of the particular performance envelope where 35mm format has an advantage.

Bokeh is about the quality of the lens more than the format, and the depth of fild advantage is pretty much a non starter. At portrait distances, APS-C will give a few extra inches of depth of field. Unless you have a fetish for only having one eye in focus, you are going to be stopped down anyway. You'll just stop down a little less with APS-C.

This is basically wrong or misleading, every single sentence of it.

Yeah. I've only worked as a portrait photographer for the past 45 years. I don't really have any experience regarding the subject at hand.

Photography in a studio is not the same as shooting in various conditions.

Where did I say anything about studio? I'm pretty sure I just commented that i had 45 years of experience as a portrait photographer.

I'm waiting for you to come up with the truth here.

Do you feel the need to misrepresent people's posts often, or is this something you just do occasionally?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow