Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 782Gear list
Like?
CC Request: LR+CS6 editing on wedding picture and kid on bike
2 months ago

I'm very much impressed by the work of Elena Shumilova and I would like to acquire the necessary tools to point my photography in that direction.

I did two experiments after some suggestion I got in another thread using images I already had on my pc, nothing shot for this purpose. I just wanted to try the workflow to get a better understanding on how to plan the shot to make the post easier afterwards.

Both images have been mostly edited in LR5 with minor adjustments in CS6.

I'd appreciate your comments on subject isolation, what I have overdone and colours (I have an old laptop, I do calibrate the screen, but it might still be a bit off). If you see any artefact, I'd like to know that too (I'm not that good at spotting them).

A couple of notes on the first image:

• I already know that the curved wooden thing they're sitting on is annoying, these are several stitched images (an attempt at the Brenizer method) but I did something wrong and don't know how to straighten it.
  • I just noticed I could probably tilt it by a degree or two, but it's gonna take forever to upload it again, so please bear with me on this one detail
  • The OOF elements on top of the man on the left are distracting, that's a problem of the original image (I took it with a Hexanon 57mm F1.2 lens @F1.2).
  • It's not that sharp: it's because I shot it wide open; I didn't sharpen it much to avoid bringin in noise

A wedding in Bratislava

In this image the background is bad, but my son didn't want to go somewhere else and, well, he's the king

My son, not even two and he's already a biker!

Thanks in advance!

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow