How do you store/manage/view your Digital Photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LuFra72
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
How do you store/manage/view your Digital Photos?
3 months ago

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I couldn't find a thread on this from doing a search. I'm interested to know how everyone else does this to see if maybe there are easier/more effective ways of doing this; I'm a hobbyist and have been working (slowly) towards having an efficient way of being able to store, manage and view my photos as well as videos (mostly stills though). This is what I'm doing currently:

Storage: I currently have a 1TB Seagate Drive that is about 65% full (I'm researching NAS storage options at the moment, this will be the next upgrade for me).

Management: I started shooting in RAW, then editing in Lightroom last year, prior to that everything was .jpg so I didn't have to think about multiple file types. Since starting to shoot in RAW, I've started rendering to full-size .jpg's, keeping those in folders (date/brief description) and then moving the RAW files to a separate folder.

Viewing: I've set up a media server at home and can access my pictures to view them on my TV and other devices through my home network using Serviio. I've paid for the Pro version but haven't set it up for remote access yet. Serviio isn't as functional as I'd like it to be at the moment, but so far it's working pretty good.

LuFra72's gear list:LuFra72's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow