Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,967Gear list
Like?
purple dogs?
4 months ago

A few weeks ago I took some head shots of a friend's dogs as photo references for an artist who is painting their portraits. The results were decent in a workmanlike way and perfectly adequate for the job, which I counted as a success since these were the first pictures I have taken for anyone else for a serious purpose since I went digital. The painter was very pleased with them.

I'm not sure they would be of any great interest here, except for one odd result. Here are several of the duds from the shoot, which are good examples of a problem I have noticed with my FA 50mm f/1.4. In one particular room in this one particular house with this one particular lens, I get photographs with a distinct magenta cast. I haven't noticed it happening anywhere else in this house, much less anywhere else. But in this one kitchen, everything is slightly purple, including their aging chocolate Labrador.

She's a good girl. However, she is purple. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? I am using a hood with the lens, and as I've said, it renders normally everywhere else.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow