Feelings about HDR in this forum section ???

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
NikonNature
Contributing MemberPosts: 733Gear list
Like?
Re: Weird but true.....
In reply to Jim Salvas, 4 months ago

Jim Salvas wrote:

So, when encountering a reasoned argument, the anti-HDR sentiment comes down to, "sometimes you just know what you like."

However, it would also make a perfectly good counterargument FOR HDR.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Absolutely! I also hate rap music, lima beans and pickled eggs. But I would never insist that they are wrong in themselves (well maybe some rap).

It reminds of a comment about driving where someone quipped 'anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac, and anyone who drives slower than me doesn't know what they're doing'. In photography, I work hard to process my images in a way that looks good to me. In that way, I remain true to myself and my vision. If other people like it that's a bonus. My taste, however, has been constantly evolving and greatly affected by other people's photography. For HDR (the overdone kind) I would simply say it is beyond straight photography and as an art form it does not appeal to me.

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow