Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248Gear list
Like?
Some b&w travel shots - Hong Kong, Thailand & Dubai
1 month ago

All the shots below were taken on a recent family holiday using my D800, tripod and 2 Nikon zoom lenses 16-35 and 24-120. I also took my 70-300 but didn't use it much.

It was a fantastic trip and the chance of lifetime to visit places so far from my home in the UK.

I also managed to get quite a bit of time on my own for photography very early in the morning or at night when my wife and kids were still asleep which I really enjoyed even though it meant burning the candle at both ends and only getting 3 or 4 hours sleep some nights.

Hot weather is not something we suffer from here in the north of England so the heat and humidity of Dubai and Hong Kong in July was pretty amazing!

Ian
Fine Art Photography Website: http://ianbramham.com/

Bigger set of images here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianbramham/sets/72157645781395313/

1) Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong - The Star Ferry and the 1,367 ft tall 2IFC building photographed early one morning during a monsoon thunderstorm.

2) Star Ferry, Hong Kong

3) Ko Tapu, Thailand - Ko Tapu is better known as 'James Bond' island - it is where 'The Man with the Golden Gun' was filmed back in 1974 as the location for Scaramanga's hideout. It is located in the Strait of Malacca off the west coast of Thailand.

4) Cayan Tower, Dubai - The twisted tower block in the photo is the 80 story high Cayan Tower located on the Marina in Dubai. It was designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill who also did the concept design for the Burj Khalifa. This was photographed at dawn - photography after the sun gets up in Dubai in the summer starts to get physically difficult due to the extreme heat.

5) Burj Khalifa, Dubai - A view of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa (2,722 ft high), looking through the window and lattice Brise Soleil structure of the walkway that connects the Dubai Mall with the nearby metro station.

6) Burj Khalifa - This photo was taken about 2 Km from the building but it is still difficult to get a true sense of just how big it is.

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow