Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rotlex
Contributing MemberPosts: 886
Like?
RX100 III Initial impressions
4 months ago

So I've had the RX100 iii for roughly a week now.  Not a lot of time to really test and give an overall final status, but I'm so impressed with this thing, I had to at least post something.

My recent background in gear goes from a Canon 60D, to a Sony NEX5n, to a Sony NEX6 and now to the RX100.  I sold all my DSLR gear when I moved to the NEX, and never looked back.  In a nutshell, I'm really wondering if I'll wind up doing the same with my NEX stuff in the near future.  Yeah, harsh statement I know, but honestly, I never dreamed a camera this small, that I can carry with me every day, could achieve these type of results, and give me all the speed I need.

I was a little concerned with the purchase as frankly, I have never been happy with the results, let alone control\speed of a P&S camera.  My last one, Canon S95, was frustrating to me to say the least.  Needless to say, when my RX100 arrived and I first began to fiddle with it, I was most pleasantly surprised.  The build quality, focus speed, shutter lag, features and of course the initial IQ kind of blew me away.  I couldn't believe I was actually holding a P&S camera that was performing beyond my expectations.

I'm leaving for Disney for my 25th wedding anniversary in a week and this is the first time I won't be lugging along a camera that I can't slip into a cargo shorts pocket.  This is going to be heaven, LOL.

I'll post some pics once I get a chance to experiment some more, but then again, there are already so many great examples out there!

-- hide signature --

Steve

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow