Is there a way to hunt down lost/stolen lenses?

Started May 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there a way to hunt down lost/stolen lenses?
In reply to Dennis2958, 1 week ago

Is there a way to hunt down lost/stolen goods? I think it's the thief you want to hunt down. It's always open season on thieves, BTW.

Be very careful with Craig's List. If the person stole your camera lens they're the type of person who wouldn't think twice about committing other crimes, like robbery. If you find a match you'll have to meet them somewhere.

Here in Los Angeles Craig's List is divided into 5 or 6 regions. You can search all the regions but you may have to drive a long ways to meet someone who lives across town. Here in my part of So Cal the thieves often break into homes and then flee on the freeways to other regions. They're usually not from our neighborhood or town.

I think eBay is a more likely place to buy & sell a valuable lens. I never found any camera gear worth more than $100 on Craig's list and got no replies for my Olympus lenses that were from serious buyers.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow