Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jambalawa
Contributing MemberPosts: 718Gear list
Like?
first V3 impressions and mandatory pet shot
2 months ago

Rec'd the V3 yesterday albiet without the FT1 and I mainly plan to use it with my larger Nikkors at this stage.  But had a bit of a play with the 10-30PD kit lens it came with and its a lot of fun.

I found it a little bit small and fiddly but hopefully this will improve when the grip and viewfinder arrive.  I'm keen to try it for bird photography with my 300/4 and 180/2.8 - and very keen to do macro with my 105.

It feels quite solid in the hand but some of the latches and covers seemed a little flimsy considering the price of the thing.  Although prewarned I was a little suprised by the amount of noise in an ISO400 image (the RAW version of the below).

I shot RAW + FINE - the below image is a unmodified jpeg in vivid mode straight from the camera with only some cropping done (no resizing).

It didn't track the little puppy in the grass that well - most frames were out of focus (the grass was in focus in the foreground mostly) but I suspect it'll be the low angle of the shot with the grass and me just getting used to it.  The flip LCD was great to get this low angle with.

Looking forward to some wildlife shots with it once i get the FT1.

Trust mum's butt to get in the photo!

jambalawa's gear list:jambalawa's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow