Could a Speed booster inside a lens be feasable to attain greater FOV and DOF on crop sensor camera?

Started Aug 7, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JyHowse
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Could a Speed booster inside a lens be feasable to attain greater FOV and DOF on crop sensor camera?
Aug 7, 2014

Complex question for camera technicians but could "speed booster" or "focal reducing" elements of glass be able to be integrated into a lens to achieve similar, FOV and DOF of 35mm/ff for lenses on crop sensor cameras?

With speed boosters able to give old manual lenses on a crop sensor camera the same DOF look and equivalent f.o.v. of 35mm/full frame camera lenses, I was thinking that this concept could be converted into the internals of a modern digital lens.

So for example; the 56mm f1.2 from Fuji is currently a portrait lens with equiv. f.o.v. of 85mm. They could hypothetically make a lens which was similar but with a speed booster element inside the lens. It could be a 56mm f1.2 with the same f.o.v. and bokeh that you would get on 35mm/ff. Whilst I am no engineer, from a layman's point viewpoint, it seems like this wouldn't be to complex (or would it?) to add.

Tell me that a 56mm f1.2 with the FOV and DOF of a FF camera on your Fuji X wouldn't be fun!  

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow