Could a Speed booster inside a lens be feasable to attain greater FOV and DOF on crop sensor camera?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JyHowse
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Could a Speed booster inside a lens be feasable to attain greater FOV and DOF on crop sensor camera?
2 months ago

Complex question for camera technicians but could "speed booster" or "focal reducing" elements of glass be able to be integrated into a lens to achieve similar, FOV and DOF of 35mm/ff for lenses on crop sensor cameras?

With speed boosters able to give old manual lenses on a crop sensor camera the same DOF look and equivalent f.o.v. of 35mm/full frame camera lenses, I was thinking that this concept could be converted into the internals of a modern digital lens.

So for example; the 56mm f1.2 from Fuji is currently a portrait lens with equiv. f.o.v. of 85mm. They could hypothetically make a lens which was similar but with a speed booster element inside the lens. It could be a 56mm f1.2 with the same f.o.v. and bokeh that you would get on 35mm/ff. Whilst I am no engineer, from a layman's point viewpoint, it seems like this wouldn't be to complex (or would it?) to add.

Tell me that a 56mm f1.2 with the FOV and DOF of a FF camera on your Fuji X wouldn't be fun!  

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow