Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmvsm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,717Gear list
Like?
REALLY wanting to like the a6000
3 months ago

I currently have a D5200 with host of lenses, and am really wanting to shed some weight and move to a mirrorless system.

I've had the opportunity of playing around with the a6000 a few times, and I really like the build, handling, AF speed, APS-C sensor, and small footprint. Problem is the lens selection. Compared to the Nikon and third party support that I'm used to, the lens selection frankly just sucks, even with the FF lenses included. My primary lenses now are the Nikon 16-85VR, 70-300VR, 150 2.8 and 50 1.4. Nothing of too professional of quality, but a great set of lenses that can apply to just about any situation.

That said, with the slim pickens, I was thinking that the Sony 16-50 (kit), 55-210 and a 50 1.8 could take the place of most of what I have. I realize that the 16-70 might be a better replacement for the 16-85VR, but I'm considering size/cost as well, as the compact nature of the kit lens is perfect for walk around and $1K for an F4 lens is pretty hefty, Zeiss or not.  I'm also losing 90mm on the long end of the zoom, but pick it up on the short end.

I've seen quite a few samples, but wanted to get some opinions on my replacement plan. Does anyone think that I would find myself wanting with the replacements that I've selected, or are we just splitting hairs?

Thanks!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow