Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
corg902
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
fun fun fun?
4 months ago

I got my N1 V3 6 weeks ago. I got my D600 70 weeks ago. With the V3 I have already taken 1/3 the number of pictures I have taken with the D600.

What does this tell me?

1. I obviously haven't taken enough pictures with the D600. (Note I'm purely an amateur.) It's been in the shop 3 times, but only for 6 or 7 weeks total. To D600: When you get back home in a few days I'll take you out, I promise.

2. The V3 is new and cool. Hmmm, so was the D600 at one time.

3. The V3 takes pictures sickeningly fast. This is a blessing and a curse. I've formatted the card in-camera a number of times with hundreds of pix on it because I was playing with electronic shutter mode, or 10, 20 ... 60 continuous mode and I knew all the pictures sucked. I've never experienced this speed before. Someday I'll tame it.

4. Lots of folks don't like the form factor and the grip but the camera fits perfectly for me. It's comfortable and the controls are very good - I have no trouble adjusting what I need. I shoot mostly in M mode and the 3 main adjustments are quite easy to make.

5. The V3 is flat out fun. (This is my first N1 camera.) It's like a little sport roadster, maybe the original Mazda Miata if you liked that, or a Boxster, or whatever.

6. Some of the 1 Nikkor lenses are not only very good or even excellent picture-takers, but they have a nice techno feel and appearance to them. They look good and work well on the V3.

I think number 5 is a key. Ahh, the new and the novel. I expect my V3's shutter actuations to reach and surpass the D600's someday. And by then there will certainly be something new. I hope I can resist whatever it may be (V4? V5?) at least for a while. I should really follow some early advice I got: invest in lenses not bodies. But for now the V3 is a blast and is working great for this amateur.

corg902's gear list:corg902's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +12 more
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow