Some/many Rebel/Crop owners upgrade to Exmor if 7d-ii announcement underwhelming?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
LuFra72
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: Some/many Rebel/Crop owners upgrade to Exmor if 7d-ii announcement underwhelming?
In reply to Rob Bernhard, 1 month ago

What Olga said (thumbs up!) reminds me of the lessons I've learned from professional audio (my trade) that I've learned over the years, that I'm applying to my photography hobby.

Over the years, I have bought a lot of expensive audio tools that I've later sold. On some, I've made almost as much as I spent on them originally, some I have sold for more (usually rare and hard to find processing tools). Over the years, I learned to buy things that help facilitate the work I do and have narrowed my list of gear to just a few choice pieces of gear that simply get the job done. Some of them are the "end game" pieces, some are low budget tools that are just simple, yet efficient designs.

Over time you realize that you only need the tools that allow you to be flexible and those that allow you to do your job with efficiency are the ones that are the most valuable (valuable for their efficiency, not just their worth in $). You eventually learn that experience is the most important thing to it (skill, technique).

LuFra72's gear list:LuFra72's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow