Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Indieke1
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Pictures have too much contrast in P mode on my RX 100M3
4 months ago

I am leaving for Thailand in 2.5 months. I decided to buy the Rx 100 M3 as it fits in the pocket and can take good pics, without carrying all the time my Canon D 550.

Every camera is different. I try not always  to use in P mode, but sometimes, just for fun and some people coming over, no times to adjust manually. But I not been so happy about the results.  When I found my Canon, and also the little IXUS HS 220 I use to carry sometimes too soft, contrast, at least in P mode is for me really too hard on the Sony. I put here my pictures from St Tropez (comment was indeed too much contrast), and was dissapointed  in the result.

Sure a lot of pictures were taken not at the perfect time, but I am sure, adjusting some things the camera and me can do better.  Skies are blown out a lot, so maybe some changes in settings (not been using filters), can maybe improve things.  For simple shots like these, I only used jpeg. I show the one's of today, one of St Tropez.  Probably just some settings that can improve things. The last one, is from my canon HS 220, to show that at the same hour of the day it looked softer.  I also think btw, that in Jpeg, pics are a bit over-sharpened ...

blown out sky

Now these are taken with the Ixus 220. First one around same time, softer, don't you think so, look at the clouds.

This is taken later in the day, but in general the pics of the Canon are softer.

I not say I want to obtain exact the same effect, the Canon is less sharp, and has his limits (talking about the Ixus, not my D 550, no pics of it here), but would like to achieve having a bit softer image out of the box, Jpeg or not. Some picture are some quick shots, people have no patience to let you find right setting, so I prefer it to be good.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow