GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Mellow Yellow
In reply to tt321, 1 month ago

tt321 wrote:

yyr wrote:

19andrew47 wrote:

Yaelle, I also tried it with even less saturation and liked that as well. I then took that result and tried a cyano type conversion which had potential (I liked the soft greens) then went back to the colour and in the process inadvertently pick up some split toning that I had used in another image (not sure how that happened but ...). It looked as if it had potential as well. Lots of opportunity to go exploring with this. I see from the original you did some removal as well.

Andrew

Feel free to post. Yes - a quick & dirty but that man in the white shirt kept catching my eye and I wasn't happy with him being there. Also, I don't know if you noticed but I've just replied to Frank's comment..

In the original there's a subtle little juxtaposition that appeals too my (warped?) mind. The building is Number 2 (it's faintly visible above the door) and there are 2 reflections - subtle but it makes me smile.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

I like the original more. It's shouting loud colours with subtle and subdued reflected figures almost requiring the viewer to find them, in a composition that's stable with all right angles but with some kind of dynamic energy because nothing is centred. It's one of those that shout look at me, then follow up with little tidbits to discover and enjoy.

It's one of those that shout look at me, then follow up with little tidbits to discover and enjoy.

Yes, a typical Yaelle technique.  No rivets this time though. 

Tom  ( who just enjoys Yaelle's work, doesn't know enough  to critique it.)

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow