Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
teseg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,044Gear list
Like?
Best Portrait Combo?
1 month ago

I have had a Sony RX1 for 1 1/2 years and absolutely love it for all manner of photography.  So much so to the point that 95%+ of all my 10K+ photos since it was purchased have come from this lovely machine and several months ago I sold off all my cropped sensor equipment.  When I would take crop sensor pictures the malleability and quality of the files were clearly inferior in many ways.  The RX1 sensor + lens really makes an unbeatable combo.  HOWEVER... I never have been into shooting portraits... until recently.

More recently my wife and son have started to appreciate my photographs and more and more have been asking I photography them or their friends at various functions.  With a 35mm FL lens I have finally found the RX1's limitation.

What is the ideal camera body and lens for amazing portrait photography (make + model)?  I'm interested in a FF body and ~90mm lens.  Suggestions and samples appreciated.

teseg's gear list:teseg's gear list
Sony RX1
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow