A6000 - dust covered sensory already. Cleaning options?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jamrolu
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
A6000 - dust covered sensory already. Cleaning options?
2 months ago

Hi everyone

I've had my A6000 since April and haven't held back with changing lenses but have always tried to follow best practice; turn the camera off, point the opening down, do it as quickly as possible, etc, etc.

However, having just reviewed a few holiday snaps where I'd stopped right down beyond f/16 it looks as though the sensor is pretty covered with 30+ spots on photos with blocks of colour, the sky particularly. Thankfully Lightroom has healed them with ease!

I had a Canon DSLR before the A6000 and in 4 years of use I only had a few dust incidents. I always thought that the mirrorless cameras, with their sensors completely exposed, would be more likely to attract dust but the majority of opinion online seemed to suggest that the flipping mirror of a DSLR did more to churn up dust... but anyway, I am where I am.

So, has anyone else tackled a dirty A6000 sensor? I have Eclipse solution and swabs still in the drawer which I used on my Canon successfully on those occasions, and the only thing holding me back from touching the A6000 sensor (apart from the fact it is 4 months old so still in warranty which will inevitably be invalidated) is reading about its "new" coating. Obviously Sony will be no use at confirming I'm okay to go ahead so I wondered if anyone else out there had given it a shot?

It looks like it may be pollen stuck on there firmly as the rocket blower isn't shifting any of it.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Thanks

James

jamrolu's gear list:jamrolu's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow