Poor 810 sales

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,758Gear list
Like?
Re: In seven years
In reply to chuxter, 2 months ago

For some people a camera costing $2500-3000 is high end.  The Sony A series would fall into the same category as the D810 and the D610 because of the sensor and there should the comparison be made.  To do a mirrorless camera that is as good as a D610 and D810 would also take some effort.  One of the interesting things about the D810 is the OLED overlay in the view finder.  I find it makes taking photos at night much easier as the focus points can be seen at night similar to the D4.  According to the reviews I have read about the Sony A series, it's not quite baked yet.  The slow AF is what plagued the 4/3 cameras.  I'm not sure if Nikon patents on the hybrid sensor is being sold but if it is, that would solve Sony's slow focusing issue.  Of course, if I were Nikon, I would not sell rights to the hybrid design unless I absolutely had to.  The big issue for me is AF Speed and the EVF.  I'm not really happy with EVFs as they are today.  They really need to up the horizontal frequency so there is no tearing or artifacting.  I don't think that would be all that expensive.  They first have to come out with an acceptable body design that is ruggedized for professional use.  Then they would have to improve the EVF and come out with a faster AF design.  Except for the EVF, Nikon is capable of producing such a camera for a reasonable price.  The question is whether they want to.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +51 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
How?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow