Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rjansenbr2
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Help on choosing new lenses
2 months ago

I currently have a three lens set, with a pana 20mm (my favorite by far), a 45mm (which I haven't used much) and a 14-42mm (rarely used, too slow).

Since I am giving up my full frame equipment in favor of m43, I thought I should add a few lenses to my kit.

One first addition should probably be the Oly 12-40 2.8. With its relativity fast aperture, I believe it can be one of my most used lens. The only drawback I see is its size. Is it too big and heavy?

Would it be terribly unbalanced with an em-5, without grip (which a don't intend to buy anyway)?

Second, the oly 40-150 seems to be cheap enough to buy without much thinking.

Lastly, I have always craved for the 75mm 1.8. This lens should cover what I believe is the main disadvantage of the m43 compared to full frame: too much DOF.

But still, I worry that I may not use this lens enough to justify paying USD 900 for it. Has anyone regretted buying it? Keep in mind I already have the 45mm 1.8 that should play as a portrait lens.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Rjansenbr2's gear list:Rjansenbr2's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow