Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,577
Like?
Re: Mellow Yellow
In reply to 19andrew47, 1 month ago

19andrew47 wrote:

Your title belies the image for me Yaelle. I like the graphic lines but the colour for me, not so much! I like yellow but this is getting far away from soft or mellow. I wanted to comment much earlier after you had originally posted this but I was at a loss as to what to say.

I played with it a bit and tried the following in LR: shadows and saturation both -31, and in the colour saturation orange -71 and yellow +20. This gave a more pleasing look for me where the graphics became a more dominant part of the image as well as the figures through the windows (or reflected) than the overpowering colour. As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the image has potential to be very nice but the "in your face" colour gets in the way for me.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I agree it is a matter of taste. This was for me just a very boring picture that I thought had potential and I was curious to get a view. I applied your settings and have posted it below. I've also posted the OOC shot for interest below that. I wasn't sure about your version but it's kind of growing on me - it has a ghostly elegance to it

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow