Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richy6771
Contributing MemberPosts: 616Gear list
Like?
Help me please, I have real bad GAS gear acquisition syndrome
1 month ago

and I need someone to help me down from this ledge. I presently have a D300, a D7000 and a D600. Within the last six months I have sold a D3200 and a D200 with a couple of DX lenses. I am Jonesing for a D800/E for no really good reason other than I want it. I know the questions and comments you all will make and you all are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT in what you say. I don't need the D800 to improve my photography beyond what my present gear can do for me. I am far from a great image maker, and I just enjoy being creative in my own little way. I know that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that it is mostly (but not solely), the doofus behind the camera that creates the image whether it is respectable, good or even great. Maybe I should buy some good glass instead, but I keep hankering for that beautiful body. I need someone to talk some sense into me. Perhaps I need a GASP- gear acquisition syndrome psychiatrist. Thanks in advance for any and all sensible replies and please try not to be hurtful.

Richy6771's gear list:Richy6771's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D600 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow