Best neck strap for DSLR

Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
rdhalla
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Another vote for the Op/Tech sling strap
In reply to Patrick T. Kelly, 3 weeks ago

Patrick T. Kelly wrote:

I use OpTech but I don't understand the neck issue. I wear my camera strap diagonally across my body. My camera rides, normally, on my side at my waist. Sometimes, because of crowds, heavy brush, or other problems I shift the camera a bit to the front and it will ride there without beind held. If I need to, I can move it a little farther to the front and keep my hand on it.

I've tried other straps and systems and always came back to Op/Tech. I haven't tried a sling type but I've checked out a few with tourists and so far they've all said they wished they hadn't bought it.

Oh, I should mention, I always wear my camera. If I leave my apartment, my camera is there. I wear out of lot of rubber eyepieces against my shirt so my camera strap isn't a weekend affectation. Also, since I'm a tad fat, my waist is an estimation.
--
Patrick T. Kelly
Oaxaca, Mexico

I agree. I dont like the sling strap either. I have the Blackrapid RS4. I bought it because everyone else liked it. No that i have it. I dont like it that much. Its a hassel if you have a long lens , the while thing keeps moving too and fro. Doesnt matter if you add the strainer clips. The lens keeps hitting your leg and its just annoying. I have to hold my lens when walking in the crowd in order not to hit people. Its a good build and well made strap but its just not for me.

I am looking at some other neck strap that i can buy. The canon one worked well for me for 4 years. Not i want some with a thick padding. I dont understand either why people talk about the weight on the Neck ? I also always hung the camera on my shoulder. Always worked for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow