Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wjansen
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Nikon F mount to Sony A mount adapter
2 months ago

I've been using my A77ii for about a month now.  Along with the camera I got a Fotodiox adapter which allows mounting my Nikkor AF lenses to my new Sony body.  Results as expected with my 300mm AF f4 Nikon lens are OK but not spectacular.  Focus peaking works, but it's difficult to focus in on an exact area.  I'd like to find an adapter that has a focus confirmation chip, and also without the additional element that allows for infinity focus.  Most of my shots aren't at infinity anyway, and if if I could get sharper images without the extra element all the better.  Ideally the chip could convey the focal length of the 300mm lens so the Sony in-body stabilization functions correctly.  I can live with not having the focal length info conveyed, but focus confirmation and no extra glass would be very important.  Some day I hope to get the 70-700 G2, but that will be a while.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow