Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Bohland
Contributing MemberPosts: 559
Like?
FZ1000 disappointment
4 months ago

This is the best default, out-of-the-box, picture of any of the cameras I’ve tried (including the Nikon D5000, Rebel T3, Canon G12, Nikon P7700, and Sony RX10). Unfortunately, I may send it back anyway because there is a possible deal breaker on the macro end. My P7700 has a ¾” minimum focus distance (MFD), whereas this thing has a 1.25” MFD. That doesn’t sound like much of a difference but when you’re that close to the object, ½” is a very big difference. I can fill the frame doing macros with the P7700, but not so easy with the FZ1000. You would think the zoom would help, but it doesn’t because as you zoom in, you have to back up so any advantage the zoom gives you is taken away by having to get farther and farther away. I’m not really sure if it’s the MFD per se or the bigger sensor size, but if you can’t do true macros then it isn’t really an all-purpose camera. I’m going to take it out this weekend and then I’ll make a decision, but it’s not looking real good right now. Darn, because I do like the picture a lot. The color is great and the sharpness as well. Excellent picture, best I’ve seen so far.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow