Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chrisinhouston
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Received my $249 M from Ebay 6 Ave seller
2 months ago

I ended up ordering a second M from that seller on Ebay who has been running the specials for $249. My son and wife who live in Gustavus, Alaska are having a baby in 2 months and it will be my pre-arrival present. I chose the M with the 22mm because of all the obvious reasons and it was at such a good price. Now that the sale is over it's back up to $599!

When the box arrived I opened it to check the contents, charge the battery and ensure it has the up to date firmware (it is with V 2.02). Also wanted to get some of the preferred settings chosen for power saving and image quality. It came in an official M box but indicates it originally shipped with the EOS M lens mount adapter. No warranty cards as expected but everything was sealed and taped shut. The battery charger is the Euro style one and instead of the USA plug that swings out this one has a separate power cord with the 2 pin Euro plug and an extra cord with the USA plug. Where are these cameras coming from? Must be a lot of overstock out there.

Funny thing but as someone who has been a professional photographer since 1980 and taken thousands of family pictures I have 5 kids of my own and 3 step sons who seldom take pictures and if they do they use their phones! Well, this son used to dabble a bit with cameras and my hope is with the new baby they will take the time to record him as he grows up. And they live in a rural town near Glacier Bay with a lot of beautiful things to record. Oh well, hope they put the camera to good use.

-- hide signature --

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham

Chrisinhouston's gear list:Chrisinhouston's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM +25 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow