Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RetiringGuy
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
10-24mm f/4 questions
1 month ago

I am new to Fuji and have the Fujifilm X-T1 with the kit 18-55mm and the 55-200mm lenses.

I primarily take landscape images so the 18-55m is normally on the X-T1 and is usually set to a focal length of 18mm and an aperture of f/5.6 or smaller.

I normally print onto A4 paper and can, on occasions, quite heavily crop an image.

I am considering purchasing the Fujinon 10-24mm f/4 lens but before I do I would like to ask a few questions.

My questions are :-

1. Would the 10-24mm provide noticeably better image definition at the frame edges and corners than my present kit 18-55mm lens at the same 18mm focal length and at f/5.6 and smaller apertures ?

2. Would the 10-24mm similarly provide noticeably better image definition across the frame at 23mm focal length than the 18-55mm kit lens ?

3. How does the 10-24mm f/4 at 14mm compare with the Fujinon 14mm f/2.8 at f/5.6 and smaller apertures ?

4. How does the 10-24mm f/4 at 23mm compare with the Fujinon 23mm f/1.4 at f/5.6 and smaller apertures ?

I understand that these are easy questions to ask but not so easy to answer so, my thanks to all who try.

RG.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow